2016 MEETING SCHEDULE:
Bi- Monthly SMM Meetings
2016: Thursdays 1/14, 3/17, 5/12, 7/21, 9/15 at Christ Church in Gardiner 1-4pm
November Daylong Gathering in Belfast: 11/10/16
No Small Potatoes (NSP) Investment ClubFor more information and to download an application, click here.
Maine Organic Lenders (MOL) Investment ClubFor more information and to submit an application, click here.
Recent SMM Buzz
- Rehabilitating Maine’s Rivers and Streams: Restoring Our Rivers One by One
- A new approach to community food systems integrates conservation-minded land trusts
- Planting Justice Creates Access to Affordable Food
- Investing in Sustainable Food Systems – Teleconference
- Creating a Forage Forest: an Advanced Permaculture Workshop
- Slow Money Maine Meeting Minutes May 12th 2016
- MSCW holds panel on food waste
- Food For UMaine food system
- MCED job announcement
- CEI Women’s Business Center – counseling, workshops and events
- Conservation Law Foundation Honoree
- Maine Farm and Sea Cooperative workshop
Subscribe to the SMM Blog
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Portland Press Herald, May 15, 2016 In an effort to free Mainers from food insecurity, Good Shepherd Food Bank – the state’s largest hunger relief organization – works with 600 food pantries, schools, churches and other social service providers. Now … Continue reading
Thursday June 2, 2016 1pm-2pm Eastern time. Register here!
The FINE (Farm to Institution New England) newsletter this month is filled with a lot of news and two valuable videos about the UMaine food system case study conducted in 2015. Check it out, here.
Healthy Cooking & Eating When: first Tuesday of the month, 6:30-8:00 pm May 3 – Plant Power 101 Most of us have heard this classic quote, “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.” But what exactly does this mean? Join … Continue reading
Investing in Manufacturing Communities Partnership (IMCP) Catalyst Project: Fork Food Lab Buys Building in West Bayside! The Fork Food Lab, one of GPCOG’s IMCP catalyst projects, is developing a collaborative commercial kitchen that will serve new and existing food businesses. … Continue reading
Unity College McKay Farm and Research Station is seeking an experienced farm and field manager for a full-time, salaried position with benefits. To see a full description of the position see our Farm Manager job announcement on the Unity College … Continue reading
Check out four new USDA grant opportunities and their deadlines