Who is Slow Money Maine?
We are an intentionally inclusive, diverse network representing many sectors and communities in Maine, with a focus on supporting local sustainable food systems.
We CONVENE gatherings, CONNECT people to each other’s needs, and CATALYZE the flow of funds and technical assistance to a wide array of food businesses.
Enjoy these stories reflecting the range of our network’s offerings.
|GRANTS & LOANS||CREATIVE FINANCING||TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE|
Slow Money Maine Events:
Slow Money Maine continues to share the exciting stories of the food producers and businesses in our state as well as valuable information about services and projects underway in the non-profit sector through our various gatherings.
Regular Gathering in Gardiner
Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018
Location: Christ Church in Gardiner, Maine
Our gatherings are from 1-4 pm. Additional pre-meeting focus groups on topical themes will be offered between 12-1 pm.
NEW IN 2018! SMM Goes “On The Road”
Wednesday, October 10th, 2018
Location: University of Maine at Machias
Slow Money Maine leaders have chosen to change things up a bit in 2018! Our 2nd “On The Road” event will be in Washington County and will focus on networking, guided discussions, and an early locally sourced and handmade lunch! Learn More and RSVP Today!
Some of the many ways to engage in Slow Money Maine:
- Explore peer-to-peer lending or partner with us for grants – Investing Locally
- Give or receive food business expertise through our Technical Assistance Program TAP
- Learn more about our local and regional gatherings (see 2018 schedule) – Index to Presenters
- Create/join/apply to an investment club – See current clubs Maine Organic Lenders and No Small Potatoes
- Consider pitching your business or non-profit needs at a gathering – Contact Us