Slow Money Maine latest Press —
Bangor Daily News, 3/6/17 – You Don’t Have to be a Farmer to Play a Role in Maine’s Food Scene.
We are an intentionally inclusive, diverse network representing many sectors and communities in Maine, with a focus on supporting local sustainable food systems.
We CONVENE gatherings, CONNECT people to each other’s needs, and CATALYZE the flow of funds and technical assistance to a wide array of food businesses.
Enjoy these stories reflecting the range of our network’s offerings.
|GRANTS & LOANS||CREATIVE FINANCING||TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE|
Slow Money Maine continues to share the exciting stories of the food producers and businesses in our state as well as valuable information about services and projects underway in the non-profit sector through our gatherings at the Christ Church in Gardiner, Maine. Our gatherings are from 1-4 pm. Additional pre-meeting focus groups on topical themes will be offered between 12-1 pm.
In 2017, we will be hosting gatherings on
Wednesday April 12th and
Wednesday October 4th
Our Daylong gathering, held at the Hutchinson Center in Belfast will be on
November 8th, 2017.
Some of the many ways to engage in Slow Money Maine:
- Explore peer-to-peer lending or partner with us for grants – Investing Locally
- Give or receive food business expertise through our Technical Assistance Program TAP
- Learn more about our local and regional gatherings (see 2016 schedule below) – Index to Presenters
- Create/join/apply to an investment club – See current clubs Maine Organic Lenders and No Small Potatoes
- Consider pitching your business or non-profit needs at a gathering – Contact Us