Who is Slow Money Maine?
We are an intentionally inclusive, diverse network representing many sectors and communities in Maine, with a focus on supporting local sustainable food systems.
We CONVENE gatherings, CONNECT people to each other’s needs, and CATALYZE the flow of funds and technical assistance to a wide array of food businesses.
Slow Money Maine leaders have chosen to change things up a bit in 2018!
We’ll continue our gatherings in Gardiner, but rather than have our usual annual daylong event in November, we’re going to take our SMM show “on the road,” in a new format, to regions farther afield, that we have been serving for years.
We have three primary intentions related to the change:
- We want to learn how to improve our support in helping these network participants meet their needs;
- We want to strengthen community relationships among those involved in our network; and
- We want to bring in new people, businesses, and organizations, to enhance our creative collaborations.
We’re eager to have these gatherings well attended by those in the hosting regions, and we’re pleased to have people attend from other regions, as well.
Our first gathering will be in Central Maine, at KVCC/Alfond Campus, on Wed. May 2nd, from 8:30-12:30, and will focus on networking, guided discussions, and an early lunch followed by tours of local food producers.
Tickets will cost $20, to help with our expenses. More Info…
Check out our very first Slow Money Maine educational video short! Hot off the presses. Thanks very much to Timber and Frame Media in Portland as well as all of our movie stars! Slow Money Maine 2018
Enjoy these stories reflecting the range of our network’s offerings.
|GRANTS & LOANS||CREATIVE FINANCING||TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE|
Slow Money Maine continues to share the exciting stories of the food producers and businesses in our state as well as valuable information about services and projects underway in the non-profit sector through our gatherings at the Christ Church in Gardiner, Maine. Our gatherings are from 1-4 pm. Additional pre-meeting focus groups on topical themes will be offered between 12-1 pm.
Next Gathering: Wednesday October 3th, 2018
Some of the many ways to engage in Slow Money Maine:
- Explore peer-to-peer lending or partner with us for grants – Investing Locally
- Give or receive food business expertise through our Technical Assistance Program TAP
- Learn more about our local and regional gatherings (see 2018 schedule) – Index to Presenters
- Create/join/apply to an investment club – See current clubs Maine Organic Lenders and No Small Potatoes
- Consider pitching your business or non-profit needs at a gathering – Contact Us