We are an intentionally inclusive, diverse network representing many sectors and communities in Maine, with a focus on supporting local sustainable food systems.
We CONVENE gatherings, CONNECT people to each other’s needs, and CATALYZE the flow of funds and technical assistance to a wide array of food businesses.
Enjoy these stories reflecting the range of our network’s offerings.
|GRANTS & LOANS||CREATIVE FINANCING||TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE|
Next Gathering: THURSDAY July 21st, 2016 Christ Church, 2 Dresden Ave, Gardiner, ME
main gathering from 1-4pm / pre-meeting focus group from 12-1
July Focus Group Topic:
Utilizing Web-Based Technology for Food Businesses.
Save The Date!!
Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:30-3:30pm
SMM Day Long gathering – “Investing in a Regenerative Food Economy”
Hutchinson Center, Belfast, ME
Keynote Speaker: Deborah Frieze.
To learn more about Deborah, take a look at her powerful TEDx talk How I Became a Localist.
Some of the many ways to engage in Slow Money Maine:
- Explore peer-to-peer lending or partner with us for grants – Investing Locally
- Give or receive food business expertise through our Technical Assistance Program TAP
- Learn more about our local and regional gatherings (see 2016 schedule below) – Index to Presenters
- Create/join/apply to an investment club – See current clubs Maine Organic Lenders and No Small Potatoes
- Consider pitching your business or non-profit needs at a gathering – Contact Us