We are an intentionally inclusive, diverse network representing many sectors and communities in Maine, with a focus on supporting local sustainable food systems.
We CONVENE gatherings, CONNECT people to each other’s needs, and CATALYZE the flow of funds and technical assistance to a wide array of food businesses.
Enjoy these stories reflecting the range of our network’s offerings.
|GRANTS & LOANS||CREATIVE FINANCING||TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE|
Our gathering this year will explore the many forms of capital that need to be integrated in order to create healthy local food systems. Deborah will speak on the importance of interpersonal relationships in local investment choices. Participants will have interactive opportunities in afternoon conversations about new business structures, impact investing, investment clubs and crowdfunding for equity, loans and grants.
Crown o’ Maine, a Maine trucking distribution company, will be featured as a case study on “how to scale up without selling out” on distinctive qualities of its form and function as a worker-owned cooperative. We will hear varied perspectives in the dialogue, from Founder and principals, individual and institutional investors and mentors as well as from a successful cooperative business in Boston.
Patti Hamilton of Barred Owl Catering will create a fabulous lunch to add to everyone’s enjoyment of the day! We look forward to sharing this special event with you!
Some of the many ways to engage in Slow Money Maine:
- Explore peer-to-peer lending or partner with us for grants – Investing Locally
- Give or receive food business expertise through our Technical Assistance Program TAP
- Learn more about our local and regional gatherings (see 2016 schedule below) – Index to Presenters
- Create/join/apply to an investment club – See current clubs Maine Organic Lenders and No Small Potatoes
- Consider pitching your business or non-profit needs at a gathering – Contact Us