We are an intentionally inclusive, diverse network representing many sectors and communities in Maine, with a focus on supporting local sustainable food systems.
We CONVENE gatherings, CONNECT people to each other’s needs, and CATALYZE the flow of funds and technical assistance to a wide array of food businesses.
SNOW STORM CANCELLATION!!
Please note that due to the storm forecast for tomorrow, we will be postponing our gathering to WEDNESDAY JANUARY 31st. Same line up, same time. See you then!
Join us WEDNESDAY JANUARY 17th
at Christ Church on Dresden Avenue in Gardiner
for our first gathering of the new year
Check out our very first Slow Money Maine educational video short! Hot off the presses. Thanks very much to Timber and Frame Media in Portland as well as all of our movie stars! Slow Money Maine 2018
Enjoy these stories reflecting the range of our network’s offerings.
|GRANTS & LOANS||CREATIVE FINANCING||TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE|
Slow Money Maine continues to share the exciting stories of the food producers and businesses in our state as well as valuable information about services and projects underway in the non-profit sector through our gatherings at the Christ Church in Gardiner, Maine. Our gatherings are from 1-4 pm. Additional pre-meeting focus groups on topical themes will be offered between 12-1 pm.
Wednesday January 17th, 2018
Wednesday April 11th, 2018
Wednesday October 4th, 2018
Some of the many ways to engage in Slow Money Maine:
- Explore peer-to-peer lending or partner with us for grants – Investing Locally
- Give or receive food business expertise through our Technical Assistance Program TAP
- Learn more about our local and regional gatherings (see 2018 schedule) – Index to Presenters
- Create/join/apply to an investment club – See current clubs Maine Organic Lenders and No Small Potatoes
- Consider pitching your business or non-profit needs at a gathering – Contact Us