Craig Lapine, of Cultivating Community, hosted an engaging and informative gathering at Boyd Street Urban Farm in Portland on July 17th, inspired by the visit of Dr. Desiree Rucker-Ross from USDA’s Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program. She and Chellie Pingree shared their perspectives and heard from organizational leaders representing MOFGA, SMM, Maine AgrAbility Project, and Somali Bantu Community Mutual Assistance Association, among others, about the achievements and needs of beginning farmers and related food businesses.
April 11th, 2018
October 3rd, 2018
(All Past Meeting Minutes)
No Small Potatoes (NSP) Investment ClubFor more information and to download an application, click here.
Maine Organic Lenders (MOL) Investment ClubFor more information and to submit an application, click here.
Recent SMM Buzz
- Julia Shanks Food Consulting newsletter
- Grassroots Solutions Roundtable
- SMM Meeting Minutes: January 31st, 2018
- MFT Series: Competing in Maine’s Organic Grain Economy
- MOFGA’s Organic Farmer Loan Fund
- Maine Community Foundation grant deadline February 15th
- Marco Vangelisti – Facebook live free broadcast today 1/24 at 7pm Eastern time
- Marco Vangelisti — Essential Knowledge for Transition – Newsletter
Subscribe to the SMM Blog