Craig Lapine, of Cultivating Community, hosted an engaging and informative gathering at Boyd Street Urban Farm in Portland on July 17th, inspired by the visit of Dr. Desiree Rucker-Ross from USDA’s Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program. She and Chellie Pingree shared their perspectives and heard from organizational leaders representing MOFGA, SMM, Maine AgrAbility Project, and Somali Bantu Community Mutual Assistance Association, among others, about the achievements and needs of beginning farmers and related food businesses.
January 17th, 2018
April 11th, 2018
October 3rd, 2018
(All Past Meeting Minutes)
No Small Potatoes (NSP) Investment ClubFor more information and to download an application, click here.
Maine Organic Lenders (MOL) Investment ClubFor more information and to submit an application, click here.
Recent SMM Buzz
- Sustainable Startups Need Different Investment Instruments
- FSA workshop with NMDC on creating a Producer Business Plan
- New CEI Women’s Business Center workshops coming up
- Museum of Science – The Future of Seafood: Nourishing the World
- The Food Tech Revolution: A workshop with Janet Helm
- Washington Post – A Growing Number of Young Americans are Leaving Desk Jobs to Farm
- Maine Grain Alliance – Technical Assistance Grant Opportunity
- CEI workshop: Content Calendar Creation for Social Media
Subscribe to the SMM Blog