Craig Lapine, of Cultivating Community, hosted an engaging and informative gathering at Boyd Street Urban Farm in Portland on July 17th, inspired by the visit of Dr. Desiree Rucker-Ross from USDA’s Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program. She and Chellie Pingree shared their perspectives and heard from organizational leaders representing MOFGA, SMM, Maine AgrAbility Project, and Somali Bantu Community Mutual Assistance Association, among others, about the achievements and needs of beginning farmers and related food businesses.
Annual Daylong gathering Wed. Nov. 8th, 2017
Hutchinson Center, Belfast, ME 8:15-3:30
(All Past Meeting Minutes)
No Small Potatoes (NSP) Investment ClubFor more information and to download an application, click here.
Maine Organic Lenders (MOL) Investment ClubFor more information and to submit an application, click here.
Recent SMM Buzz
- Closing Maine’s Hunger Gaps – USM Food Studies Program
- Regional Food Systems Investments in New England:
- ‘Trawl to Table’ Meetings coming up
- The Farmer’s Edge – New Online Business Course
- SMM Meeting Minutes: October 4th, 2017
- Balle Leadership Summit
- USDA 2018 Farm to School Grant application December deadline
Subscribe to the SMM Blog