MOFGA is accepting applications until March 30 for the spring 2018 funding cycle of its organic farmer loan fund. This fund is intended particularly to help organic farmers working on establishing a credit history for their farms. Loans in the range of $2,000 to $20,000 are available to MOFGA-certified organic farmers and farmers exempt from certification under the NOP rules; farmers interested in transitioning to organic management; and current participants in, or graduates of, MOFGA’s Journeyperson Program. The fund will provide loans to small and medium-sized businesses seeking to expand or enhance their farm or processing operations through business planning, marketing, aggregation or other business enhancement. Funds may also be used for working capital or equipment purchases. Interest rates will be determined by Bangor Savings Bank at the time of loan application. See details here.
January 17th, 2018
April 11th, 2018
October 3rd, 2018
(All Past Meeting Minutes)
No Small Potatoes (NSP) Investment ClubFor more information and to download an application, click here.
Maine Organic Lenders (MOL) Investment ClubFor more information and to submit an application, click here.
Recent SMM Buzz
- Portland Food Council’s first annual meeting
- Maine Farm to Institution Summit
- Applications Being Taken for MOFGA’s Organic Farmer Loan Fun
- Fire in Balfour Farm’s New Kitchen
- Maine Farm to Institution Summit Registration is Open
- 2018 Top Gun – Now accepting applications!
- Island Institute – Aquaculture, seafood processors share $1.7 million in grants
Subscribe to the SMM Blog