Top Gun Program Coming to Central Maine
The Harold Alfond Institute for Business Innovation at Thomas College, in partnership with the Central Maine Growth Council, is pleased to announce that it will host a “Top Gun” program starting in early 2019 for entrepreneurs in Kennebec and Somerset Counties, as well as in the communities of Burnham, Unity, Thorndike, Freedom and Troy, who are involved in agriculture and specialty food and beverage businesses.
- The program consists of a cohort of between 8 to 10 businesses.
- The cohort of businesses meet on a weekly basis and are provided with top-level instruction, networking and mentorship over a 15-week duration.
- Industry and topic experts are brought in weekly to work with participants.
- Participating entrepreneurs will work toward developing a business pitch that they will deliver in a friendly competition with their cohort.
- Two entrepreneurs will be selected to compete in the state’s Top Gun
- Showcase business pitch competition at the end of the program for the grand prize of $25,000.
The program is offered at a significant discount of $500 due to sponsorships from the Small Business Administration and the Harold Alfond Institute for Business Innovation at Thomas College.
Take the next step:
Entrepreneurs that are within the geographic area, that are pursuing businesses in the agriculture and specialty food and beverage sectors and that would like to take their business to the next level, should go to www.mced.biz to submit an application for selection into the program. Applications are being taken until November 15, 2018.
For more information or for assistance in applying, interested entrepreneurs can also contact Mike Duguay at the Harold Alfond Institute for Business Innovation at 207-859-1151 or at email@example.com.