Are you ready to restrategize your farm’s business model?
This winter, the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry – Maine Farms for the Future Program and Jed Beach of FarmSmart Business Services will offer NxLevel™ Tilling the Soil of Opportunity, a business planning course tailored for Maine farmers.
Registration is now open – click here to register
- Update your business goals, and compare where you are now vs. where you want to be.
- Establish which crops are helping you reach your goals – and which are not.
- Evaluate new and potential markets.
- Improve your time and people management skills.
- Develop a crop plan that gets you to your goals.
- Evaluate potential financing opportunities and identify your best options.
- Write your new business plan – and then make it a reality!
You will hear stories from practicing farmers and guest speakers who are experts in agricultural business, production and marketing. And, you’ll have the opportunity to network with other experienced growers, including farmers in the Maine Farms for the Future Program.
All sessions will be offered at the Kennebec Valley Community College Farm Center in Clinton. The classroom space accommodates multiple farm/family members if they wish to attend.
Most of the sessions will also be available via remote internet access.
All sessions will include two 15-minute breaks and ½ hour catered lunch to allow plenty of networking opportunities with all participants.
Session # 1: Where You Are Now Vs. Where You Want to Be December 12, 2018
Session #2: Finances and Production January 16 2019
Session #3: Marketing January 23, 2019
Session #4: Cultivating Your Farm Team February 6, 2019
Session #5: Putting It All Together: Crops, Customers, and Timing February 13, 2019
Session #6: Your Strategic Plan for Growth, Investment, Finance, and Retirement February 27, 2019
See a topic you like, but don’t want to attend the whole workshop? You can also sign up for individual sessions.