Monday, September 24th, 12p-1:30pm
213 Abromson Center on USM’s Portland Campus
Have a food-related challenge that you need some help addressing in your community or your business? Want feedback on a new product idea? Looking to network with other movers and shakers in the vibrant food economy of southern Maine?
Community Table is a roundtable discussion for those who embrace entrepreneuring in community to propel food businesses – and the local food economy – forward. Participants drive the conversation so bring your ideas, questions, and issues!
Who’s Around the Table
Food Entrepreneurs, Students, Consultants, Investors, Professors, Eaters – anyone in the food space interested in getting and giving feedback and making meaningful connections.
- Come when you can and stay as you are able.
- Feel free to bring your own snacks/beverages. Producers welcome to bring samples if feedback is desired.
- No pre-registration required, but please RSVP to Lisa Marie Lindenschmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Food Studies Program to be included on meeting contact list.
- Prof. Matthew Hoffman: USM Food Studies and master Nordic sheep researcher
- Prof. Richard Bilodeau: USM School of Business and head of the Innovation, Creativity, and Entrepreneurship (ICE, ICE baby) program
- Elizabeth Horton: President of Simmer Public Relations and Italian food expert
- Prof. Rachel Greenberger: Director of Food Sol, Babson Social Innovation Lab, Babson College and Community Table Founder
- Keep the Dialogue Going… Save the Dates!
Community Table Portland will be meeting on the following Wednesdays this fall:
October 17th, 12p-1:30p, 427 Wishcamper Center, USM Portland campus
November 14th, 12p-1:30p, 427 Wishcamper Center, USM Portland campus
December 12th, 12p-1:30p, 216 Abromson, USM Portland campus