2017 MEETING SCHEDULE:
2017 SMM MEETING DATES
WEDNESDAYS: 3/8, 4/12, 10/4 at Christ Church in Gardiner 1-4pm
11/8/17: November Daylong Gathering in Belfast
No Small Potatoes (NSP) Investment ClubFor more information and to download an application, click here.
Maine Organic Lenders (MOL) Investment ClubFor more information and to submit an application, click here.
Recent SMM Buzz
- LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER: Small Business – Big Opportunity Forum
- Ocean Approved has some extra processing space. . .
- Blue Ox Malthouse is Hiring!
- Support LD 1338 at a public hearing on 4/26
- SMM Meeting Minutes: April 12, 2017
- A few job postings!
- Greenhorn’s Episode Six-Growing a Regional Food Economy video
- USM Food Studies Program registration is OPEN!
Subscribe to the SMM Blog
Just Eat It – A Food Waste Story – 1/30 Film in Belfast, ME
Did you know that 40% of the food produced for humans in the U.S. is wasted every year? That’s enough to fill the Empire State Building nearly 100 times. Meanwhile, Maine ranks first in New England in terms of food insecurity, including for children, and the State struggles to manage the costs and impact of our municipal solid waste stream, 43% of which is organic material.
are joining forces to host a community screening + discussion of