By the year 2052, it is estimated that Millennials will engage in the largest intergenerational wealth transfer of our time —at a value of $41 trillion in the United States alone. Numerous reports have cited Millennials as the generation most willing to trade financial return for greater social impact. However, these same reports find that Millennials are more conservative and skeptical than their parents when it comes to engaging in the financial market. Despite this skepticism, this next generation is reported to be actually more willing to accept higher risk profiles or receive lower returns if it results in positive or sustainable impact. Many view their investments as a way to express their social, political or environmental values.
2017 MEETING SCHEDULE:
2017 SMM MEETING DATES
WEDNESDAYS: 3/8, 4/12, 10/4 at Christ Church in Gardiner 1-4pm
11/8/17: November Daylong Gathering in Belfast
No Small Potatoes (NSP) Investment ClubFor more information and to download an application, click here.
Maine Organic Lenders (MOL) Investment ClubFor more information and to submit an application, click here.
Recent SMM Buzz
- LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER: Small Business – Big Opportunity Forum
- Ocean Approved has some extra processing space. . .
- Blue Ox Malthouse is Hiring!
- Support LD 1338 at a public hearing on 4/26
- SMM Meeting Minutes: April 12, 2017
- A few job postings!
- Greenhorn’s Episode Six-Growing a Regional Food Economy video
- USM Food Studies Program registration is OPEN!
Subscribe to the SMM Blog