2017 SMM MEETING DATES
WEDNESDAYS: 10/4 at Christ Church in Gardiner 1-4pm
11/8/17: November Daylong Gathering in Belfast
No Small Potatoes (NSP) Investment ClubFor more information and to download an application, click here.
Maine Organic Lenders (MOL) Investment ClubFor more information and to submit an application, click here.
Recent SMM Buzz
- Could green crabs become a Maine delicacy?
- Misty Brook Farm is looking for a Sales Account Manager
- The Maine Network of Community Food Councils is hiring! Please help us spread the word.
- USM Food Studies Program: Closing Maine’s Hunger Gap: Exploring Myths, Realities, Solutions
- Maine Food Strategy Summer Newsletter
- CEI Entrepreneur Workshop
- Maine Policy Review — “Owning Maine’s Future: Fostering a Cooperative Economy in Maine”
- Dirt Capital Partners Hosts Farm Tour & Dinner at East Forty Farm
Subscribe to the SMM Blog
Category Archives: Presentations
After a beautiful March snowstorm we met again at the Viles Arboretum to hear from inspiring presenters about their projects and needs as well as receive updates from enterprises already in existence. Bonnie started the meeting with some insights she … Continue reading
Though March meetings can often include the potential for a snowstorm, a HOT summery day set the mood for our SMM gathering, with close to 70 people attending, many for the first time. Bonnie began with a welcome, noting that … Continue reading
Our May meeting, with about 50 participants, began with Bonnie’s honoring the start of a new growing season by reading a Wendell Berry poem about oneness with the earth. In reviewing the agenda, we were disappointed to learn that weather … Continue reading
Our March meeting was a lively one, with many new people attending from varied regions and sectors. As usual, our format included networking time; four brief presentations from nonprofits, farms, and businesses; updates from participants; and group discussion related to … Continue reading