2017 MEETING SCHEDULE:
2017 SMM MEETING DATES
WEDNESDAYS: 3/8, 4/12, 10/4 at Christ Church in Gardiner 1-4pm
11/8/17: November Daylong Gathering in Belfast
No Small Potatoes (NSP) Investment ClubFor more information and to download an application, click here.
Maine Organic Lenders (MOL) Investment ClubFor more information and to submit an application, click here.
Recent SMM Buzz
- SMM embraces social media!
- Apple Creek Farm: We’re Hatching an Egg-pansion
- PROFESSIONAL TRAINING FOR FARM SUCCESSION ADVISORS IN NEW ENGLAND
- New Roots Farm is seeking a Marketing Coordinator
- Workshop: Introduction to the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Safety Rule
- The Women’s Business Center at CEI is hosting InnovateHER 2017!
- Portland Food Launch and Festival
- Portland Press Herald – How a Van Buren-based vegetable processor went from triumph to shutdown
Subscribe to the SMM Blog
Category Archives: Presentations
No stranger to what makes farming successful, Clara Coleman has a clear plan for a new collaborative farming model that responds to today’s particular challenges and embraces entrepreneurial diversification. She calls this the ARC Farming Project—Agrarian Resource Collaborative Farming—and she’s … Continue reading
Click here for the talk
After a beautiful March snowstorm we met again at the Viles Arboretum to hear from inspiring presenters about their projects and needs as well as receive updates from enterprises already in existence. Bonnie started the meeting with some insights she … Continue reading
Please join us for our third webinar, “Credibles: Funding Food Businesses with Edible Credits,” from 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Pacific Time, Tuesday, February 26. That’s 11 a.m. Mountain, 12 Noon Central, 1 p.m. Eastern. Click for more info and … Continue reading
Thanks to everyone that participated in our 3rd annual SMM daylong gathering in Belfast on November 15th! The event brought 150 people together to learn from presenters and each other about varied forms of strengthening viable food systems throughout the … Continue reading
Though March meetings can often include the potential for a snowstorm, a HOT summery day set the mood for our SMM gathering, with close to 70 people attending, many for the first time. Bonnie began with a welcome, noting that … Continue reading