April 11th, 2018
October 3rd, 2018
(All Past Meeting Minutes)
No Small Potatoes (NSP) Investment ClubFor more information and to download an application, click here.
Maine Organic Lenders (MOL) Investment ClubFor more information and to submit an application, click here.
Recent SMM Buzz
- By Chellie Pingree: | Commentary, Farm Bill, FARMING, FOOD + POLICY, Food Policy
- Meeting Minutes April 11, 2018
- Maine Center for Entrepreneurs – new workshops
- (no title)
- NPR: A Grass-Roots Movement For Healthy Soil Spreads Among Farmers
- Maine Biz – As Maine agriculture evolves, farm financers aim to keep up
- Green Money – April Issue – Women and Investing
- Maine Grains Wins Governors Award!!
Subscribe to the SMM Blog
Category Archives: Presentations
After a beautiful March snowstorm we met again at the Viles Arboretum to hear from inspiring presenters about their projects and needs as well as receive updates from enterprises already in existence. Bonnie started the meeting with some insights she … Continue reading
Though March meetings can often include the potential for a snowstorm, a HOT summery day set the mood for our SMM gathering, with close to 70 people attending, many for the first time. Bonnie began with a welcome, noting that … Continue reading
Our May meeting, with about 50 participants, began with Bonnie’s honoring the start of a new growing season by reading a Wendell Berry poem about oneness with the earth. In reviewing the agenda, we were disappointed to learn that weather … Continue reading
Our March meeting was a lively one, with many new people attending from varied regions and sectors. As usual, our format included networking time; four brief presentations from nonprofits, farms, and businesses; updates from participants; and group discussion related to … Continue reading