2016 MEETING SCHEDULE:
Bi- Monthly SMM Meetings
2016: Thursdays 1/14, 3/17, 5/12, 7/21, 9/15 at Christ Church in Gardiner 1-4pm
November Daylong Gathering in Belfast: 11/10/16
No Small Potatoes (NSP) Investment ClubFor more information and to download an application, click here.
Maine Organic Lenders (MOL) Investment ClubFor more information and to submit an application, click here.
Recent SMM Buzz
- 3 events, especially for Women – Maine Start up and Create Week
- SAVE THE DATE!! Slow Money Vermont Regional Gathering
- Maine Center for Entrepreneurial Development
- Slow Money Maine Featured in Summer Issue of Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners
- CEI Women’s Business Center – Access to Capital panel for women entrepreneurs 6/23
- “Alewife Ambassador” teaches Surry middle-schoolers how to smoke ’em if they get ’em – The Ellsworth American
- MFSC workshop: Building upon Strengths for Local Food Implementation
- FARMS June Newsletter
- Slow Money Maine workshop: Creating an Investment Club to Support a Local Food Economy
- Maine Grain Alliance Welcomes new Executive Director
- Farm to Institution Summit
- Pork Butchery Workshop
Subscribe to the SMM Blog
Category Archives: For Investors
Rob Snyder from the Island Institute writes about supporting those in our community. Read the full article here.
For the first time in 80 years, normal people can invest in small businesses – New equity crowdfunding … Continue reading
Veris Innovator Series: Food, Farms, and Finance (or, everything you wanted to know about impact investment opportunities in sustainable agriculture) Are you…Eating local & organic? Anti-Monsanto? A CSA supporter or farmers market frequent flyer? Giving your time, energy, and dollars … Continue reading
View the workshop listing on this MCED newsletter
Caleb Launches Fast New Crowdfunding Campaign to Help Transition Wood Prairie Family Farm to the Next Generation
This morning, Caleb’s new crowdfunding campaign – entitled Keep This Organic Legacy Growing – Wood Prairie Family Farm – went live on BarnRaiser. Please help by contributing today. Crowdfunding campaigns which get off to a fast start are the most … Continue reading
A 2 day farm business development intensive is being offered in November – Read More
Contribute to MOFGA’s $6000 crowd funding campaign that will offer half-price CSA shares to low-income families. At least 7 farms are already part of this great program! Check out the campaign at Fundrazr.com Please help low-income Maine families eat local! MOFGA needs … Continue reading
Ben Rooney, of Wild Folk Farm in Benton, needs funding support to continue the Maine Rice Project that is entering its third year of production. This is a polyculture flooded rice paddy system that could be well suited to many … Continue reading
Crowdfunding is one of the new ways that is cropping up in our economy to invest easily in projects we believe in. Click here to see what this one is all about.
We are very thankful to have passed the halfway mark of our Indiegogo campaign goal: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tide-mill-farm-gets-a-poultry-processing-plant/x/5452161. We know that it will be a challenge to raise the next $10,000+. We would greatly appreciate whatever you can do to help spread … Continue reading