2016 MEETING SCHEDULE:
Bi- Monthly SMM Meetings
2016: Thursdays 1/14, 3/17, 5/12, 7/21, 9/15 at Christ Church in Gardiner 1-4pm
November Daylong Gathering in Belfast: 11/10/16
No Small Potatoes (NSP) Investment ClubFor more information and to download an application, click here.
Maine Organic Lenders (MOL) Investment ClubFor more information and to submit an application, click here.
Recent SMM Buzz
- MOFGA Journeyperson application deadline September 19th
- Maine Food Strategy releases “the Framework: A Tool for Advancing Maine’s Food System”
- Maine Grain Alliance workshop – The BIG Bake!
- Free Renewable Energy Workshop For Agricultural Producers and Rural Small Business
- Wolfs Neck Farm is awarded a USDA Grant for Training
- Digested: Can Small Food Brands Scale Up Without Selling Out?
- MCED Connect: August 2016 – Aquaculture! 5 Minutes with Chris Davis of MAIC and Local Wisdom with Carter Newell
- CEI Women’s Business Center – PIPELINE ANGELS PITCH SUMMIT AND ANGEL INVESTOR BOOTCAMP
Subscribe to the SMM Blog
Category Archives: Articles
FREEPORT, ME – The Secretary of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Tom Vilsack, today announced that Wolfe’s Neck Farm Foundation, Inc. (WNF) has been awarded a three-year grant totaling $573,256 to support expansion of its Organic Dairy Farmer … Continue reading
Slow Money Maine addresses this exact question as part of our focus at the Daylong event in Belfast, ME November 10, 2016. Here’s an article from Civil Eats on the subject. Well worth the read. Join us in November and … Continue reading
The Schmacher Center for a New Economics Its Time for a New Economics by Greg Watson Having worked on and off in the arena of sustainable agriculture for nearly fifty years in both the government and nonprofit sectors, the question … Continue reading
MCED Connect: July 2106 5 Minutes With… John Holden of the Lewiston Auburn Economic Growth Council. Check out the current newlsetter, for this and more. . .
Check out this great article in MOFGA’s summer issue of the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners newspaper. See full article here.
“Alewife Ambassador” teaches Surry middle-schoolers how to smoke ’em if they get ’em – The Ellsworth American
Check out this great article in the Ellsworth American about Surry School children and Alewives! Here.
For the first time in 80 years, normal people can invest in small businesses – New equity crowdfunding rules take effect in May Read the full article here
View this article and learn how to register for these workshops about bread and the bread economy
Read all about the move in this article from the Island Institute
A global ‘Regeneration Revolution’ is under way. In the 1970s, Robert Rodale, son of American organic pioneer J.I. Rodale coined the term ‘regenerative organic agriculture’ to distinguish a kind of farming that goes beyond simply “sustainable.” According to the Rodale … Continue reading