2016 MEETING SCHEDULE:
Bi- Monthly SMM Meetings
2016: Thursdays 1/14, 3/17, 5/12, 7/21, 9/15 at Christ Church in Gardiner 1-4pm
November Daylong Gathering in Belfast: 11/10/16
No Small Potatoes (NSP) Investment ClubFor more information and to download an application, click here.
Maine Organic Lenders (MOL) Investment ClubFor more information and to submit an application, click here.
Recent SMM Buzz
- 3 events, especially for Women – Maine Start up and Create Week
- SAVE THE DATE!! Slow Money Vermont Regional Gathering
- Maine Center for Entrepreneurial Development
- Slow Money Maine Featured in Summer Issue of Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners
- CEI Women’s Business Center – Access to Capital panel for women entrepreneurs 6/23
- “Alewife Ambassador” teaches Surry middle-schoolers how to smoke ’em if they get ’em – The Ellsworth American
- MFSC workshop: Building upon Strengths for Local Food Implementation
- FARMS June Newsletter
- Slow Money Maine workshop: Creating an Investment Club to Support a Local Food Economy
- Maine Grain Alliance Welcomes new Executive Director
- Farm to Institution Summit
- Pork Butchery Workshop
Subscribe to the SMM Blog
Category Archives: Articles
Check out this great article in MOFGA’s summer issue of the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners newspaper. See full article here.
“Alewife Ambassador” teaches Surry middle-schoolers how to smoke ’em if they get ’em – The Ellsworth American
Check out this great article in the Ellsworth American about Surry School children and Alewives! Here.
For the first time in 80 years, normal people can invest in small businesses – New equity crowdfunding … Continue reading
View this article and learn how to register for these workshops about bread and the bread economy
Read all about the move in this article from the Island Institute
A global ‘Regeneration Revolution’ is under way. In the 1970s, Robert Rodale, son of American organic pioneer J.I. Rodale coined the term ‘regenerative organic agriculture’ to distinguish a kind of farming that goes beyond simply “sustainable.” According to the Rodale … Continue reading
View the full article here
Read the article below and then join us! January 14th SMM PEER TO PEER FOCUS GROUP: “Soil: The Great Connector” Join Samuel Kaymen, Mark Fulford and Noah Wentworth at this meet up from12-1pm in the sitting room adjacent to our … Continue reading
Local Food, Food Democracy, and Food Hubs by Allison Perrett a* and Charlie Jackson b http://dx.doi.org/10.5304/jafscd.2015.061.003, pp. 1–6 Published online October 20, 2015 Abstract In western North Carolina, where we and others have been working to build local food systems … Continue reading
New Economy Week Article